[wix-users] Guidance on wix object templates

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Jul 17 12:25:22 PDT 2017

I was given a large set of internal applications that all had similar operational
requirements, a combination of one or both of a Windows service with an IIS
website. I wrote some wxi templates such that a single wxs with a minimal
Product element, some templates and one XSL transform import could generate
an installer and be placed in the build automation.

Unavoidably, the use case changed and now I have an application with an IIS site
and several services.

How have others in this situation handled this? A lot can be done with XSL transforms
for inserting additional configuration, however tying the dialog instances together
appears to non-trivial? I can no longer use my includes with static, well known IDs
and public properties?

Thanks,
jlc