[wix-users] Uninstall, custom action, set property and DIFXAPP

Anthony LaMark anthony at squadratechnologies.com
Sat Jul 15 15:50:16 PDT 2017

Hi,

On uninstall, I need to run a custom action that sets a property.
The property is used in a <Condition> on a <Component> which I want DIFXAPP
to use.
DIFXAPP sees the <Condition> on install but not on uninstall.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to guarantee that the custom action gets
executed before DIFXAPP runs on uninstall?

Here are the XML snippets:

    <CustomAction Id="CustomActionSetDriverConditionUninstall"
Return="ignore" Execute="immediate" 	BinaryKey="CustomActionDll"
DllEntry="SetDriverCondition" Impersonate="no" />

<InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action='CustomActionSetDriverConditionUninstall'
Before='RemoveFiles'>
        <![CDATA[(NOT UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE) AND (REMOVE~="ALL")]]>
      </Custom>

A little more detail, looking in Orca:
	On the InstallExecuteSequence table, I can see that:
 		1. "MsiProcessDrivers" (I think the custom action that is
calling DIFXAPP) has a sequence # of 4001.
		2. My custom action
(CustomActionSetDriverConditionUninstall) has a sequence # of 3486.

Thanks in advance!

Anthony LaMark
squadra technologies
http://www.squadratechnologies.com