[wix-users] Beginner wix question on packaging files

Habib Salim habib at hsalim.com
Mon Jul 10 10:00:13 PDT 2017

I'm not a wix expert but from what little I know, this is not possible.

However, it appears that these text files are some sort of data files and
perhaps not critical to your application/installer.

One workaround I can think of is to package these text files into a zip
file and reference that zip file.
You can then add any number of files into your zip (or rar) archive and
unpack those file using a post install script or custom action.