[wix-users] Beginner wix question on packaging files

Alan Sinclair anadem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:08:25 PDT 2017

Apologies if this is a very dumb question! I've worked with wix in the
past, coming back very rusty after being away from programming for several
years.

We have a sub-directory of a few text files which vary in name and number.
The files in that directory are all in one single component. Is there a way
to have wildcard in wix file naming, so that files added in the sub-dir are
automagically packaged? If possible we'd like to avoid changing the wxs
source when a file is added or removed.

(I know that one file per component is generally the recommended way to go,
hoping to sidestep in this case)

thanks
Al