[wix-users] LGHT0369 error with autogenerated GUIDs

Lucas Lacroix lcharron at meditech.com
Fri Jul 7 10:59:13 PDT 2017

Hey All,
Pretty new to using WiX 3.11 and still figuring stuff out. I searched the
interwebs but could find nothing pointing out how I can diagnose this issue.

I have multiple WXS files generated by heat.exe from multiple source
directories. I then have a WXS file that pulls them all together and
contains the product and package definitions. What I can't figure out is
why light.exe is, reportedly, generating the same GUID for files with
different source and destination directories.

I reviewed the generated WXS and even the WIXOBJ files and the GUID is "*"
in all cases which, according to the docs, means that light.exe should
generate the GUID based on the file's path (and size?). As none of the
packages even have files with the same name nor does the error indicate
what other component shares the same GUID, I cannot figure out what is
going on.

Any help is appreciated.
--
Lucas Lacroix