[wix-users] IIS website installations

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Jul 6 15:01:24 PDT 2017

I've yet to author an installation for an IIS website and I have some questions.
Looking through the documentation and mocking up some lab instances seems
pretty straight forward. However the installers I am being asked to create must
accept most of the optional schema configuration elements as public properties.

The installers will install the same app in one of 80 environments and they all
have subtle differences. Some may have SSL for example. I assume this would
require one of two approaches, features or CAs which make the necessary post
installation configuration changes.

Just wondering how those of you faced with similar requirements approached
this and what insight if any you might be able to share?

Thanks,
jlc