[wix-users] Install in to User specified directory

Harinatha Narisetty harinatha.narisetty at us.abb.com
Wed Jul 5 06:42:21 PDT 2017

a. As part of installation steps user selects target folder on custom screen (Custom bootstarpper)
b. I set this as below in MSI
<Fragment>
    <SetDirectory Id="INSTALLFOLDER" Value="[CUSTOM_INSTALL_DIRECTORY]" />
    <Directory Id='TARGETDIR'  Name='SourceDir'>
      <Directory Id='$(var.PlatformProgramFilesFolder)'>
        <Directory Id="INSTALLFOLDER">
          <Directory Id="LICENSEFILESFOLDER" Name="LicenseFiles"></Directory>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
      <Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder">
        <Directory Id="ApplicationProgramsFolder" Name="ABB(r) Enterprise Software $(var.DisplayVersion)" />
      </Directory>
    </Directory>
  </Fragment>

This is causing the issue while uninstalling the services... If I remove the line  <SetDirectory Id="INSTALLFOLDER" Value="[CUSTOM_INSTALL_DIRECTORY]" />   and  change         <Directory Id="INSTALLFOLDER"> to         <Directory Id="INSTALLFOLDER" Name="Test Folder">
Everything works fine.  How do I Install into user selected folder?