[wix-users] WiX Bundle upgrade or install new to run side by side

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Tue Jan 31 14:43:57 PST 2017

1.A/2.A this should happen automatically.
1.B I would use a semi-custom action to schedule the copyfile from the previous install (Ref https://www.joyofsetup.com/2007/07/01/semi-custom-actions/ )
1.C/2.B
  Capture the intel of related bundles from OnDetectRelatedBundle (Your bundles Should have RelatedBundle elements for prior bundles with either a detect or upgrade action on them)
  Based on the user selection in your BA, respond appropriately in OnPlanRelatedBundle.

Not 100% certain on this but it would seem logical that you could set it to by default always remove the older bundles via Upgrade, and then override this when you want them to stay via OnPlanRelatedBundle.