[wix-users] Issues when Major Upgrade an InstallShield package

Wheeler, Blaine (DSHS/DCS) BWheeler at dshs.wa.gov
Tue Jan 31 08:32:20 PST 2017

Plus 1

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Hoover, Jacob
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:11 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [wix-users] Issues when Major Upgrade an InstallShield package

If you deploy a bundle, you could put an exe package in the chain with a custom detect and install condition that would cleanup/remove your old install shield installation. This custom exe would be fairly easy to write, and would simply lookup your old installer (reg search or MSi* calls) to find the location and arguments needed to be passed to remove the old application.