[wix-users] Issues when Major Upgrade an InstallShield package

Tyler Gustafson tgustafson at solacom.com
Tue Jan 31 05:51:14 PST 2017

To your first point, it sounds like something is in use when you're trying to install. Try looking at the task manager, got to view-> select columns and add PID to get the process IDs and then try to match up whatever the window says to a process in the task manager to get a better idea of what might be locking.

As for the second question, I don't know off the top of my head. I'll let someone else take that one.

Tyler