[wix-users] Obfuscation and patching.

Orzyszek Andreas Andreas.Orzyszek at dentsplysirona.com
Fri Jan 27 04:30:52 PST 2017

That's something I can help with :-)
Give something back is always nice.

You just add a ComponentRef in the patchfamily

<Fragment>
        <PatchFamily Id="450PatchFamily" Version="1.0.0.0" Supersede='yes'>
            <ComponentRef Id="Blocks.dat"/>
        </PatchFamily>
    </Fragment>

The component with this id must exist in the pdb or msi of your new version.
Then the patch will include this file.