[wix-users] Obfuscation and patching.

Tyler Gustafson tgustafson at solacom.com
Wed Jan 25 06:26:14 PST 2017

I've never worked with them but if the dlls and exes have a File Version property that you can control then I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to patch them. How badly does it re-scramble them with each new build? If there are always a lot of deltas from the last version then you might not get much of a file size benefit out of the patch but I don't see a technical reason you couldn't patch. (Hopefully I'm not leading you astray. If someone has experience with obfuscation please chime in)

Tyler