[wix-users] Burn Related Bundle doc

Orzyszek Andreas Andreas.Orzyszek at dentsplysirona.com
Tue Jan 24 23:40:54 PST 2017

Hi,

I am searching for documentation related to the <RelatedBundle> Element.
On the website I only found the possible values for the action attribute.
These are: Detect; Upgrade; Addon and Patch.

Dectect just checks if a related bundle is present and the fires a special event in the detect phase.
I don’t understand the other 3 at the moment.

Let’s say I have a bundle with version 1 (B V1) and the bundle installs 2 msi packages P1 V1 and P2 V1.
The <RelatedBundle> Element is present and the action is Upgrade.
Now I create bundle version 2 (B V2) the bundle upgrade code is the same but I only want to include the msi package P1 V2.
The package upgradecodes also match. I just want to skip the P2 package because nothing changed there.
I think I could just include P2 V1 with the new bundle but omitting it will save tons of size and download traffic.

If I run the B V2 install B V1 will be uninstalled with both packages P1 V1 and P2 V1. Then B V2 will be installed with only the P1 V2 package.
So I just lost package P2 V1.

Not sure if such a szenario is support. If someone could hint me to some more doc about this, it would be helpful.

Thanks

Andreas

Sirona Dental Systems GmbH • HRB 24948 •
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Erich Blum •
Sirona Dental Services GmbH • HRB 25817 •
Geschäftsführung: Rainer Berthan • Michael Geil •
Sitz der Gesellschaften: Bensheim • Registergericht: AG Darmstadt •
Diese E-Mail ist ausschliesslich fuer den angesprochenen Adressaten
bestimmt und kann vertrauliche Informationen beinhalten.
--
This e-mail is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may
contain confidential or proprietary information.