[wix-users] Unit tests for Managed Bootstrapper

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 23:15:55 PST 2017

Hi experts,
I'm writing Unit Tests for our managed bootstrapper and covered only 22% of
the code, i.e. the public methods used to read
BootstrapperApplicationData.xml and some utility methods.

But there is functionality which needs a running process of Bootstrapper,
especially the Engine and related Event Handlers. In addition, the Burn
variables which would be available when it is running.

How to deal with this situation in unit testing? Do I have to launch the
process (myBootstrapper.exe) to achieve this?

Regards