[wix-users] Dark and MSM files

Charles Gallo [9Dots Management] CGallo at ixdots.com
Wed Jan 18 05:11:48 PST 2017

Hey Gang,
I have a LARGE project here that is totally in Installshield.  Large MSI/ISM (Yes, I have the ISMs for all the projects), that references a second ISM, which includes a MSM

Will DARK work with this?  Do I decompile the top object only?  Top 2?  Have to do all 3?

We are getting driven nuts because we had to change that bottom level MSM, and it is causing an error, I can't figure out how to test it, and just want to give up on InstallShield, plus out newer projects are using WiX

Thoughts?

Charles Gallo | 9 DOTS
Senior Director
1100 E Hector Street| Ste. 245 | Conshohocken, PA 19428
C: 917.301.2749
cgallo at ixdots.com<mailto:jflorio at ixdots.com> | ixdots.com<http://www.ixdots.com/>