[wix-users] Applying patch with heat

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Thu Jan 12 07:10:16 PST 2017

For #1, I seen many similar examples in google resuts and there may be several approaches, but the approach I uses is something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    xmlns:wix='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi'
    xmlns:fire='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/FirewallExtension'
    xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi'
    exclude-result-prefixes='wix'

  <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="yes" encoding="utf-8"/>
  <xsl:strip-space  elements="*"/>

  <xsl:template match="@*|*">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="@*" />
      <xsl:apply-templates select="*" />
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:key name="pdb-search" match="wix:Component[contains(wix:File/@Source, '.pdb')]" use="@Id" />
  <xsl:template match="wix:Component[key('pdb-search', @Id)]" />
  <xsl:template match="wix:ComponentRef[key('pdb-search', @Id)]" />

</xsl:stylesheet>

For #2 it would take some more research.  Maybe something like this will help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18078679/how-to-add-attribute-to-a-parent-node-conditioned-by-a-child-element-with-inden
[https://cdn.sstatic.net/Sites/stackoverflow/img/apple-touch-icon@2.png?v=73d79a89bded]<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18078679/how-to-add-attribute-to-a-parent-node-conditioned-by-a-child-element-with-inden>

How to add attribute to a parent-node conditioned by a ...<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18078679/how-to-add-attribute-to-a-parent-node-conditioned-by-a-child-element-with-inden>
stackoverflow.com
Like in this other question I have difficulty to express simple things with XSLT1... In a xsl:stylesheet I have this "identity like" transform to add an attribute ...