[wix-users] Harvesting a WSC scriptlet

Helge Kruse Helge.Kruse at gmx.net
Wed Jan 11 08:30:34 PST 2017

Am 11.01.2017 um 17:02 schrieb Wheeler, Blaine (DSHS/DCS):
> If the WSC doesn't change; I would make a fragment for just it and not re-run heat on each build.

Unfortunately the interface to the WSC changes, although I must admit
that this is not so frequent.

> The fragment would have 1 component that defines the file install path and the registry entries.

Yes. It's the set of registry entries I would like to harvest. This is
working for native COM DLLs and for .NET assemblies providing a COM
interface. So it would be great if I could avoid manually coding this
COM registry stuff. Is there a way for a WSC?

Regards
Helge