[wix-users] Harvesting a WSC scriptlet

Wheeler, Blaine (DSHS/DCS) BWheeler at dshs.wa.gov
Wed Jan 11 08:02:27 PST 2017

If the WSC doesn't change; I would make a fragment for just it and not re-run heat on each build.

The fragment would have 1 component that defines the file install path and the registry entries.
I would use the INSTALLDIR and WINDIR properties in place of hard paths gathered when you export the registry keys. The installer will put things in the correct places.

Use a ComponentRef in the Feature the file belongs to and after some testing you should be able to get it to work