[wix-users] Building wix310- binaries.zip

Joel Budreau joel.budreau at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:02:02 PST 2017

Hi,

Wix build question...

I'm trying to build the wix310-binaries.zip file locally by running:

msbuild.exe <wix-src-directory>\tools\WixRelease.relproj
/p:Configuration=Release

I'm getting an error that the build is unable to find the file
"WixVSExtension.MSBuild12.dll", but it successfully finds
"WixVSExtension.MSBuild14.dll" since I've got VS2015 installed.

Do I have to also install VS2013 in order to build
WixVSExtension.MSBuild12.dll and successfully generate a
wix310-binaries.zip file?

Thanks,
Joel