[wix-users] How can I change install path at upgrade time.

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Jan 5 15:11:57 PST 2017

Are you doing a major upgrade or minor upgrade?

You have to do a major upgrade if you want to change path.  Directories are immutable in MSI land once a product is installed.  Major Upgrade gets around this because it's really an uninstall/reinstall.

Also you probably want the remember property pattern for major upgrades otherwise if version 1 is installed to a custom location  version 2 will still default to the standard location unless the user changes it again.