[wix-users] Implementation of "WIX_IS_NETFRAMEWORK_461_OR_LATER_INSTALLED" in v3.10

John Zajac jzajac2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:22:24 PST 2017

@Priyanka I am almost certain this works fine with WiX toolset 3.10 as
well. You could even just download the WiX Toolset source code and find in
files for that prop name.

However I would go with Christopher's recommendation. IMHO you're better
off in the long run understanding exactly how WiX is impacting the MSI. No
shortcuts here, you just have to get under the hood of Windows Installer.

P.S. Don't forget to keep the build server versions and the wix binaries in
source control in sync if you ever end up upgrading. Or do away with one
for example just depend on the wix installer instead of the binaries.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Priyanka Kandpal <
priyankak at microsystems.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone
> I would like to use the property WIX_IS_NETFRAMEWORK_461_OR_LATER_INSTALLED
> in my code. I am currently using wix v3.10. I understand that this property
> is supported in v3.11 but Is there any way I can use this property in v3.10
> without installing wix v3.11?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Priyanka Kandpal

-John