[wix-users] Cabs being striped out. Un-Install is fine.

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Mon Feb 20 09:46:22 PST 2017

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/heaths/2009/02/02/changes-to-package-caching-in-windows-installer-5-0/

"Windows Installer 5.0 does not consider the Installer-cached .msi files to be valid source and will still resolve possible source locations or prompt as it has in the past."

A bundle would fix this, as it's package cache is a valid source.  And I'd also recommend using external CAB's to reduce the size of the Windows Installer cached MSI.