[wix-users] How to diagnose bootstrapper custom theme errors?

Helge Kruse Helge.Kruse at gmx.net
Fri Feb 17 23:34:33 PST 2017

Am 17.02.2017 4:16 nachm. schrieb "Stephens, Rich" <RStephens at bottomline.com
>:

I have a bootstrapper based on of WiXExtBa.  No custom code, just built the
standard way, but with a customized theme file.
I recently made some minor changes, none of which I thought would cause any
issues.  However, now, I get the classic "start, then immediately exit"
issue with the error message in the log:

Error 0x80070490: Failed to initialize data in bootstrapper application.

Does the error vanish when you use a standard theme?

Best regards
Helge