[wix-users] Allowing side-by-side installations

Justin Cox cox.justin.a at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:47:38 PST 2017

So I have written custom actions that will allow me to install web
applications next to each other.  However, I have to re-build a new
installer with a unique GUID every time I want to install a new version.
Basically, I want to change "Modify" mode to treat it as a new
Installation.  I Have started on some work, but I feel like I am making it
more complicated than it needs to be.

Is there an easy way to treat a Modify or Reinstall like a new Install?