[wix-users] Change burn's ExePackage InstallCommand value conditionally

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Wed Feb 8 06:37:18 PST 2017

The Burn engine does support changing the value of a Burn Variable in your BA.  In the bundle declare a Variable with the Variable/@bal:Overridable='yes'.  In your BA code make use of the related methods for reading and changing Engine Variables for string, secure string, number, and version objects.

Read a string variable (in C#):

result = myBA.Engine.StringVariables[variableName];

change it:

this.Wix.Engine.StringVariables[variableName] = value;

 If using the WixStdBA then look at the example code which is in the wix source for a BAFunctions.dll in src/burn/Samples.

Typically the change you described would be made in a DetectComplete handler or a PlanBegin handler, but there are other options.