[wix-users] How to read Preprocessor variables in C# Bootstrapper code?

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:25:11 PST 2017

Preprocessor variables are usable only by the WiX compiler,
candle.exe. If you want your bootstrapper to see that value, then
you'll want to author a Variable whose value is the value of your
preprocessor variable. See
http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/variable.html
and http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/overview/preprocessor.html
for details.

I expect you'll need something like the following:

<Variable Name="FullVersionNumber" Value="$(var.FullVersionNumber)"/>

You should then be able to access FullVersionNumber as a regular
property in the bootstrapper.

--
Edwin G. Castro