[wix-users] Admin Privs

Charles Gallo [9Dots Management] CGallo at ixdots.com
Tue Feb 7 09:44:46 PST 2017

Hi Guys and Gals,

OK, I'm having an interesting issue -

I have an installer that DOES have

InstallPrivileges="elevated"

And yes, I get the shield, and the request for Privileges (and the log shows that it happening)

The issue I have is that the installer also calls InstallUtil.exe (from the .Net dir) in a custom action

(Note:  I'm translating this from Installshield), and THIS is not getting called with Admin Privs so it is failing, unless I run from a command window that has higher privs

Now, I'm going to guess that there is some "better" way than calling InstallUtil, or there is some way to call it elevated

Help?

Charlie