[wix-users] Installing using SCCM and Bootstrapper returns -1073741819

Steve Ogilvie SOGILVIE at msn.com
Tue Feb 7 08:37:01 PST 2017

Hi folks,

I am using the WiX Bootstrapper/Bundle for launching our installers…

I have a customer issue where our product used to work fine with SCCM and now with the last two versions of our product they are getting a return value from the Bootstrapper as -1073741819 even though the Bootstrapper/bundle log file is returning 0…

Customer using SCCM to install using bootstrapper. BootStrapper for version 3.10 returns 0 and SCCM returns error code 0.  We are using WiX “3.10”

Customer using SCCM to install using bootstrapper. BootStrapper for version 3.10.2 returns 0 but SCCM returns error code -1073741819 .  We are using WiX “3.10.2”.

Do you have any ideas what may be causing the return code of -1073741819?

Thanks,

Steve