[wix-users] Using WixNetFxExtension

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Mon Feb 6 08:33:47 PST 2017

Hi,

So most posts I have found about using the WixNetFxExtension to do an offline .net install simply tell you to copy the XML from the WiX source and not how to get the NetFx Extension to work.  The payload command will copy the redist for .net to some temp folder, that part works, but the package ref (in my case it is <PackageGroupRef Id="NetFx462Redist" />) still tries to find the exe in the folder relative to where you have your installer.

Is there a way to get this to work or can't you use the NetFx extension for offline installs?  I had the XML directly in my installer before, but figured I would like to try and use the extension.

Thanks,
Tyrel