[wix-users] Consolidated Upgrade Version

Venkatesan, Ravikumar Ravikumar.Venkatesan at scientificgames.com
Mon Feb 6 06:36:10 PST 2017

Hi All,

                We have a product which is in "15.0" version.  I've a WiX Installer project for releasing my patches. We've successfully released the minor versions of the product using this WiX project as a MSI file, viz. "15.0.1", "15.0.2" & "15.0.3". All is well, so far. Also, the latest version of the patch is "15.0.3", which will be most likely the last version.

                Now, if a customer wants to have the latest 15.0.3, we've to upgrade them to 15.0.1 & then to 15.0.2 & then to 15.0.3. This is done by running each version of the installers, in this case 3 installers.

My question is, Is there a way to consolidate the patches so that I end up installing only the consolidated patch instead of 3 patch installers? I would also like to know if there is a consolidation concept in the WiX installer world.

I hope, I've tried my best to describe my requirement. Please let me know, if you want any clarification on the same.

Regards,
Ravi