[wix-users] Remove ARP entry on partial install

ರಾಘವೇಂದ್ರ ಎಸ್ raghavendra.yadavs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 20:53:12 PST 2017

Hi,
     I have a custom bootstrapper application which contains WPF installer
UI(.Net Framework 4.6.2 prerequisite). Bootstrapper contains 3 msi's inside
it, in which one is .Net Framework 4.6.2 prerequisite.

Scenario: When i run final exe, before it opens installer UI(WPF) it starts
installing .Net Framework. After installing framework if user cancels
installation then still bootstrapper entry is left in ARP.

Problem: 1. User not able to uninstall entry in ARP.
                2. If user try to install same exe then it will go for
modify where it *will skip* *"Comapny Licensing agreement"*.

As per my understandings i know this issue exist in WIX. Is their any
alternative solutions how i can remove ARP entries.

Thanks

Warm Regards
Raghavendra S
9900495868