[wix-users] Deferred custom action data

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Dec 20 15:13:52 PST 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf
Of Nir Bar via wix-users
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 1:33 PM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Nir Bar <nir.bar at panel-sw.com>
Subject: Re: [wix-users] Deferred custom action data

> You must copy the value to each custom action's Id/Property.

I didn't think there was a way, thanks for confirming.

I am reviewing this code and I can repro a successful installation where the
properties set in the immediate stage are lowercase, and the deferred custom
action data setters follow the expected pattern Value="FOO=[FOO];bar=[bar]".

The part that is confusing is how does "[bar]" evaluate it? I can repro a successful
install and see this get set in the log, but "bar" is lower case? The rational for this
was so it could never be set on the CLI.

After I cleaned up much code (unrelated) and simply changed the const used for
this, I can see it is not set now, upper casing the const from "new_bar" to "NEW_BAR"
works and the new package installs as before.

How can the original code work and allow the deferred setter to retrieve and
populate the "bar" property in the first place?

Thanks,
jlc