[wix-users] File ordering

Fyodor Koryazhkin fyodorkor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 01:40:46 PST 2017

Hi,
Recently I faced a problem building several non accumulative patches that
can have new files comparing to base package and some changed files. If
each patch has new file that other patches do not include and each of them
contains the same base file that has changed then removing the latest patch
returns base file of changed files but not from the latest patch.

I think that this can happen because new file that should be  added by
patch breaks file sequence in upgraded MSI that is used  to build patch. As
I understand the file ordering of unchanged files should not change.

So the question is: How can I control the file sequencing during the build
of MSI? Is it possible at all using public WIX tools?

--
Regards,
Fyodor Koryazhkin..