[wix-users] SQL fails on repair

Carlos Sosa carlos.sosa.us at outlook.com
Thu Dec 14 15:47:30 PST 2017

I found the command for repair and added it to the exe
RepairCommand="/ACTION=Repair /QUIETSIMPLE /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /INSTANCENAME=MyInstance"

But it still fails, loks like it tries to install all over again.
Since I'm clicking the REPAIR button, shouldn't it use the repair command?

I'm going to implement the detect condition, this should skip the installation of SQL if its already there, but the repair function is still needed, If detect condition is not specified, will it always do Install first?
I'm just curios how the process works.

-CS