[wix-users] Question about commit custom actions

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Fri Dec 8 15:24:32 PST 2017

This is on my required reading list:

http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/isnews/200108/index.htm

Commit custom actions are designed to purge temporary files created for the purpose of rollback.  A major upgrade has an uninstall/reinstall as a single transaction.  It would be assumed that the 1.0 uninstall  commit files and the 2.0 commit files would be different files and could both be cleanly purged at the very end.

"The commit script is executed at the end of the InstallFinalize action, when the installation script has been processed, and only if installation has not been aborted."