[wix-users] Simple exe wrapper for msi

Helge Kruse Helge.Kruse at gmx.net
Sun Aug 6 01:11:19 PDT 2017

Am 03.08.2017 um 01:13 schrieb Sean Hall:
> All of the functionality in WixExtBA should have been added to WixStdBA in
> WiX 3.8. WixStdBA's UI can already be declared via XML, I'm not sure what
> you're trying to say there. If you're referring to some parts of the XML
> being required with exact names/ids, the functionality in WiX v4 is much
> more powerful.

Sean, you're right. I missed somehow that this has been done, I failed
to add the checkboxes I needed. I also didn't found the supported XML
elements. Finally I got it:
http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/thmutil/theme.html

About WiX4: The wixtoolset manual page describes WiX4 as (coming soon).
What is the best way to start using WiX4? Where do I found the
(preliminary) documentation?

Best regards,
Helge