[wix-users] VC Runtime: Merge Module vs Original installer

David Watson dwatson at sdl.com
Wed Aug 30 03:15:02 PDT 2017

Merge modules become part of your msi so you own the updating of them.

So ideally Third party prerequisites should be taken if available and added to your bootstrapper.

This is so that if critical security fixes are released by the vendor your end users are not waiting for you to make a release/patch they can just take the latest redist installer.

www.sdl.com
SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved. If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.
​SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY, UK.