[wix-users] Deploying access database file with Wix

Roopendra Gowlikar roopendra.gowlikar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 05:52:13 PDT 2017

Yeah, I did copied accdb file to installation location("C:\Program Files
(x86)\MyApplication")
but after installation application is reading from "C:\Windows\System32"
which wrong. I copied file to system32 folder too, till it says
access.accdb file can find.

My application is windows application and accdb as database and app is
reading from application.exe.config.
Each install has its own database. Below is my wix code

<?define xyz_TargetDir=$(var.xyz.TargetDir)?>

    <Feature Id="ProductFeature" Title="xyz" Level="1">
      <ComponentGroupRef Id="ProductComponents" />
      <ComponentRef Id="ApplicationShortcut" />
      <ComponentRef Id="ApplicationShortcutDesktop" />
    </Feature>

  <Fragment>
    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">
        <Directory Id="INSTALLFOLDER" Name="xyz" />
      </Directory>
      <Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder">
        <Directory Id="ApplicationProgramsFolder" Name="xyz"></Directory>
      </Directory>
      <Directory Id="DesktopFolder" Name="Desktop"></Directory>
    </Directory>
  </Fragment>

<Fragment>
<ComponentGroup Id="ProductComponents" Directory="INSTALLFOLDER">
      <Component Id="xyz.accdb" Guid="GUID">
        <File Id="xyz.accdb" Name="xyz.accdb"
Source="$(var.xyz_TargetDir)xyz.accdb" />
      </Component>
</ComponentGroup>
</Fragment>