[wix-users] Error with Dark.exe

james william jameswilliam.b at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 04:44:51 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to decompile a msi with dark.exe and I found the following error,

dark.exe : error DARK0001 : Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

Exception Type: System.ArgumentNullException

Stack Trace:
   at System.Collections.Hashtable.ContainsKey(Object key)
   at System.Collections.Hashtable.Contains(Object key)
   at
Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Decompiler.FinalizeProgIdTable(TableCollection
tables)
   at
Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Decompiler.FinalizeDecompile(TableCollection
tables)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Decompiler.Decompile(Output
output)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Tools.Dark.Run(String[] args)

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
James