[wix-users] Register WMI Provided (mofcomp)

Herman van Drie hvandrie at outlook.com
Mon Aug 7 20:55:37 PDT 2017

If you already made a Windows Service and the service runs in the Local System security context, why don't you include a function in the service to:
1. verify the WMI namespace
2. do the provider dll registration
3. use IMofCompiler:CompileFile method to compile the mof when required
(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390867(v=vs.85).aspx)

Than, there's no need to include this into your installer project. Saves a hazzle.

Cheers,

Herman