[wix-users] WIX does not remove the web applications after uninstall

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Aug 1 15:40:32 PDT 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf
Of santhosh yalamuri
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 11:31 PM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-users] WIX does not remove the web applications after uninstall

> We are using WIX 3.10 to create web applications under default website, this
> implementation works fine but the issue is with uninstall of the product that
> it does not remove the web application under the default website.

Santhosh,
By chance are you using a dev box to repeatedly test your installer? I just ran
into this again today with an msi which has IIS based components. At some
point after repeated install/uninstall cycles while debugging a CA, the host
ended up in the same state where it would no longer uninstall the websites
and no error was reported.

Restoring from a snapshort before development started and installing/uninstalling
the last msi (seemingly broken msi) worked however.

jlc