[wix-users] Bootstrapper Customization

Habib Salim habib at hsalim.com
Sun Apr 30 17:45:07 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am new to Wix. Building my first bootstrapper.

Following Classic Wix Burn Theme, I modified the theme to add two check
boxes.  They work if I add them to the Install page but don't show up if I
add them to the Options page. - well, because the Options page never
shows.

I created a custom dialog based on the InstallDir dialog but I think I was
barking up the wrong tree - that would work in the msi installer, not in
the bootstrapper. Is that correct?

Is there a UI element for the bootstrapper?

How do I control/force the appearance of the Options page?

Is it possible to show/hide a text box based on check box check/unchecked
state?

How do I pass the value in the text box to the msi installer?

I suspect I'll have to use a custom Bootstrapper application for that but
just in case.

Regards

Habib