[wix-users] Shouldn't burn verify the bundle's digital signature? (3.10)

Jon Seanor jseanor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 06:56:34 PDT 2017

Hi,

Some of my users have discovered that if a bundle file is corrupt, they can
still execute it.
The bundle is the expected size (~500MB), but the digital signature is
invalid.

The bundle starts normally, shows welcome dialogs, the user can click
install.
However eventually they will be asked for the bundle source during
"processing" phase.

Since both the engine and the bundle were signed during the bundle build
process, it seems
strange that the engine does perform an integrity check during start up.
- Perhaps I missed something in the docs?

How do other wix users perform bundle integrity checks at runtime?

Finally - is this a bug or a feature request?

Thanks
Jon