[wix-users] CAB File Size Error

Sean Krupa Sean.Krupa at soteradefense.com
Wed Apr 26 06:38:31 PDT 2017

I'm bundling three exe packages (all third party) and getting the following error:

"An error (E_FAIL) was returned while finalizing a CAB File. This most commonly happens when creating a CAB file with more than 65535 files in it.  Either reduce the number of files in your installation package or split your installation package's files into more than one CAB file using the Media element"

I'm not sure how to proceed/introduce the media element into my bundle since all I'm doing to bundling third party installers.  Please advise.

--

Sean Krupa, Ph.D.

Optical Engineer

Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc.