[wix-users] Getting around a    3rd    party    installer's    reboot    requirement

Nir Bar nir.bar at panel-sw.com
Mon Apr 24 12:04:09 PDT 2017

If you can detect whether or not that packages is installed, DetectCondition can tell burn engine that the package is already installed so it doesn't need to install it.You can see in WiX source code how it is done for .NET- a RegistrySearch is used to check if and which version of .NET is installed.

Nir Bar
Panel::Software Architecture and Development

JetBA.net- Native and WPF WiX BootstrapperApplication Frameworks

---- On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:24:52 +0300 Sean Krupa<Sean.Krupa at soteradefense.com> wrote ----

Would I need just a DetectCondition or also an InstallCondition? Any links or simple examples on how I would add this to the exepackage?
--

Sean Krupa, Ph.D.

Optical Engineer

Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc.

o. 202-767-2193 c. 724-561-8932

e. sean.krupa at soteradefense.com

Try figuring out a DetectCondition.Otherwise, add a persistent variable to the bundle that will indicate when the package has been installed.