[wix-users] Prerequisite bootstrapper application with /norestart option gets stuck in an infinite installation loop

Johri, Mohit mohit.johri at siemens.com
Wed Apr 19 20:42:04 PDT 2017

This issue has occurred in ours Bootstrapper as well, just make sure that you have the correct setting in the Configuration file.

Please find below the example for the same, I hope this will help.

<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="wix.bootstrapper" type="Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Bootstrapper.BootstrapperSectionGroup, BootstrapperCore">
      <section name="host" type="Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Bootstrapper.HostSection, BootstrapperCore" />
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
  <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2" />
  </startup>

  <wix.bootstrapper>
    <host assemblyName="Bootstrapper.CustomBA">
    </host>
  </wix.bootstrapper>
</configuration>

Thanks & Regards,