[wix-users] Prerequisite bootstrapper application with /norestart option gets stuck in an infinite installation loop

Gerhard Matzen gmatzen at osisoft.com
Wed Apr 19 07:44:47 PDT 2017

Thank you for your quick response (yet again), Julius!

I realize that this thread started by asking about 4.6.2, but to speak to my specific bootstrapper I'm installing DotNet 4.6 and also requiring DotNet 4.6 in the BootstrapperCore.config.
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6" />

I could see how specifying an incorrect SKU could cause this infinite loop problem to occur every time, but I see the infinite loop problem only in very specific situations.
1.  A reboot is needed for the DotNet framework.
2. The DotNet framework is completely unusable until the reboot is completed.

Regards,
Gerhard