[wix-users] Is bindingRedirect possible for a managed bootstrapper application?

Gerhard Matzen gmatzen at osisoft.com
Wed Apr 5 09:32:33 PDT 2017

Thank you, John.

I did get to work via the eventhandler method that Julius suggested.

To be a bit more descriptive about what I am doing:

I am dynamically loading in an appdomain:
    "osisoft.setup.af.link.dll"
Which loads:
    "osisoft.setup.notifications.dll"
Which loads:
    "some.dll"

It is some.dll that is compiled against netwonsoft.json version 9.0, but I need 10.0 for other DLLs.
"some.dll" is owned by another team.

Perhaps changing the assembly redirect in the app.config file of some.dll would work, but I was not able to try this.
Adding the bindingRedirect in the app.config file of the other DLLs, did not seem to work.

I'm new to binding redirects, so I'm not sure at what level I would need to configure the redirection.

But I am good for now because I signed up for an event handler following:
         https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff527268(v=vs.110).aspx
         http://blog.slaks.net/2013-12-25/redirecting-assembly-loads-at-runtime/

thanks again,
Gerhard