[wix-users] Getting the logs of the current user when the Installer is ran as different user

erwin john publico erwinjohnpublico at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 06:04:02 PDT 2017

Hi All,
Assume I have User1 and Admin1 accounts. I am logged in as User1 but my standard bootstrapper requires admin priviledges, so I ran the installer as different user Admin1. The problem is, instead of getting the C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Temp as the [TempFolder], I get C:\Users\Admin1\AppData\Local\Temp

How can I get the TempFolder of the currently logged user where the logs are actually saved?
I asked previously on the thread "Burn variable is set to Temp when using reference windows folder" and the answer is that there is no support for the standard bootstrapper to change where it logs to.
Thanks,Erwin