[wix-users] Uninstalling standard bootstrapper programatically

Gerhard Matzen gmatzen at osisoft.com
Mon Apr 3 22:58:24 PDT 2017

Hi Erwin,

Your upgradecode for the bundle will be constant.

Say that your ever-changing bundle provider key is currently "{3b0bbab6-599d-4ea8-b893-63079306b957}".  The upgradecode will be present under that key as a Reg_multi_sz value.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3b0bbab6-599d-4ea8-b893-63079306b957}

I have not looked at the burn source code for this, but they key is the upgradecode.

Gerhard